The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Asunder.

What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.I know that every couple claims “we were made for each other,” and perhaps every good couple is. And it really doesn’t resound with the power I want to convey when I add my voice to the millions of others... but... we were made for each other. Mr. Sollywood had my favourite song on his ipod on our first date. Which doesn’t sound like much but my favourite song is Pachabel’s Canon in D, he even had a rock version (can you say ‘had me at pachabelrock’?) Music has always been important in our lives, and to find someone who feels that passion, and that need for expression (either in making it, or finding that song that describes the feelings that otherwise won’t come out) is perfection itself.



I have never met a person who so desperately needed to find a girl to love him just as he is, and let him be just as he is. And I know that he loves me just as I am; anti-molly tendencies and all. I mean who else would have wanted a black and white, twenties wedding with top hats and canes? (Shout out to Sollymom and Sollydad for helping that come about.) Or have a Queen song as the first dance? (it is in the list in the player below; see I Want to Break Free)Just the Sollywoods, I am fairly certain. Separately, and now together we have always been labelled as ‘different, strange, odd, or unique.’ It is good to know I’m not alone in it anymore; having a partner in crime is much more fun!
Most of these things are fairly superficial in some ways. It is hard to pin it down in words the deeper things. It isn’t often that I am public with my emotions, but sometimes you have to be to show gratitude. Mr. Sollywood is the best man I’ve ever known. He is kind, and calm, and never judges, he is a man without guile. This month is full of lovey things, eightmonthaversary, Valentines Day, his birthday, mine, and so I thought I would get all that emo out in one post. I hate being sentimental in public. But like I said, you gotta show gratitude. So ... I love you Mr. Sollywood! And thank you Father.
A little off topic (well this falls under the ‘you are both so ‘different’ label’.) Mr. Sollywood and I are in the interview process to teach English in Korea, second stage is done for both, if we are accepted, we can stay together!!! (Who knew married people wanted to live together?) And we will leave in August!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, I just felt happier reading it! And I began to understand a little more just how happy you make each other, and remind myself of how great it is to be married to someone who gets you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that comment! I was thinking those same things before I even read your comment Linds. That kind of love really is a miracle isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete