The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Monday, March 22, 2010

Muffle This!

I am driving Mr. Sollywood to school today after eating junk food for lunch (that's right we are adults) and revelling in the youthful 'who even gives a care-ness' of it all. And the big red goes 'rrrrrrrr...rrrooaaar' and we look at each other with our 'on no' faces now securely fastened to our skulls. The big red is our car. This is the second time he has made this terrible lionesk noise and the last time was expensive. So the 'who even gives a care' moment is gone and reality rushes back in all of its expensive glory- may I just say that being an adult sucks.
I drop Mr. Sollywood off and turn the corner and I feel the car get lighter, and I hear the small clunk that fills you with dread. And there, in my rearview mirror is our beloved muffler laying all lonely and lost in the middle of the road. So I think to myself
"What good is a muffler really? Are they that important? Should I just wave goodbye and say so long or should I go and get the lost muffler and take him home with me?
I pulled a Uey or U-turn and put the poor lost muffler in the trunk and there he sits this very minute because I don't know what Mr. Sollywood wants to do about it. My vote is to learn how to fix it myself and get all oil stained and gross doing it!!! But Mr. Sollywood will probably just want to call a mechanic and get them to deal with it quickly. Mr. Practical.
So that is my rant, End Scene.

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty funny! If the guys at the muffler shop want to charge too much I think you could totally do it yourself! The muffler on our first car use to fall off too, so we just went to Canadian Tire and got some stuff to hang it back up. It's not a permanent solution but it's a cheeper one!

    ReplyDelete