The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's to late to Apologise

I am born and bred Canadian, I love this country and what it represents. I cry each and every time I sing the National Anthem, I study this nations history at University (history major), I read the works of its authors and poets, watch the films of its directors and actors and laugh at its comedians. For many Canadians being patriotic means being anti-American, but I disagree. And I have to admit, I love their founding fathers. The standards or those men, the expectations, and vision for their country were beautiful, and although Americans have departed from them in many ways, I can't allow this to taint my love of the idea of 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,' or the honour code these men held themselves accountable to. (Yes I am aware of the clips slightly satirical nature.)
Maybe this (see below) only strikes you if you have the back ground knowledge on the founding father that I do, but hopefully not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZfRaWAtBVg

No comments:

Post a Comment