The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

music extended

One of the things that Mr. Sollywood and I have in common is music. (Note our wedding photo above.) And although we like a lot of the same music, especially bands from our teenhood; Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Tool, Metallica to name a few, we have very different music experiences. He likes music because it expressed how he was feeling in those lost years (I might be a little over simplifying.) I like music because it expresses all the different sides of me that I don't usually let people see. Eg In high school I loved harder music, I like Mindless Self Indulgence, Metallica and Tool because no one knew that I had a loud and aggressive side. Now I tend more towards more obscure but upbeat songs because I feel that is a side of me that people don't see much of either. So in reply to Mr. Sollywoods request these are the songs that I have listened to a lot lately.
Meaghan Smith- Heart Broken
Don't you just love LOVE drums in this one?? So awesome.
Also I love the 50's.



Gregorian Chanting- Moment of Peace
I include this song because it is slightly more main stream than the others, so you might enjoy it more. But there is something about Gregorian chanting that just gets me. Their Ava Maria is great too. I'm not Catholic but it is still sweeeet!



Mindy Gledhill- Anchor
I think that this song perfectly describes Mr. Sollywood... if he were the one singing. hahah but also if I were singing it to him.



This list is a little strange as I (usually) STRONGLY dislike female vocals and all three of these have them exclusively.

2 comments:

  1. Love the Mindy Gledhill song! but it kind of made me sad because I don't like that Neal feel's that people would want him to change. I deffinatly wouldn't want him to be any other way either. Or you Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that...

    Meghan Smith won a Juno this past year! Also that she is a member of the church.. I also know her sisters!

    Now You Know!

    ReplyDelete