The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Superman and Neil Young

So the other night I'm at work, it was sucking but the night was almost over. I had closed down the kitchen and was ready to go home. But ohh no, someone orders food like 10 minutes before I go. That sets me back by like 20 minutes because of the following clean up. I grudgingly make a stupid club wrap, ya they're stupid. And a ceasar salad. Soon after I go out for some lemonade since I can only get it at the bar and I'm not allowed out there in my filthy chef uniform when we are open. Now what random celebrity is eating that club wrap? Guess... I bet you guessed Dean Kane! Yup, the guy who played Superman in the old Lois and Clark show. Also host of Ripleys Believe it or Not. But whatever. I would have prefered Christopher Reeve eat my club wrap. May he rest in peace.

Did you know that the artist who created Superman was Canadian? Joe Shuster. However, the writer - Jerry Siegel, was American. Let's end the debate about which country created the guy seeing as it was a combination of both Canada and the USA. Also, Heracles was one of several inspirations for the character and originally they shared similar abilities. Superman couldn't fly or shoot lasers out of his eyes at first. He was just very strong and could leap tall buildings and break through chains. He's evolved much since the first comic of his in 1938. Lex Luther was also quite different at first. He first appeared in issue 23 in 1940 and was a power mad, evil scientist.  Well, I suppose that wasn't too far off from where he went. It was just not the charismatic, manipulative business man that he became when more rounded and thought out.

And I've been listening to Neil Young today. Try some.


Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment