The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

letter to B

A letter to my body.

I just wanted to apologise for all those bad things I do to you.
I am sorry for not always brushing your teeth for the full two minutes because I don't leave enough time because I always choose sleep.
I am sorry for complaining about small breasts as a tween and complaining about larger ones now.
I am sorry that I am at my ideal weight but still feel a little fat and pinch at you when no one is looking.
I am sorry that I don't ever exercise and then complain that you aren't as strong as you once were, and then even complain that you are sore and achy. My fault- not yours.
I regret starting to crack your joints, fingers, toes, neck, back and sometimes ankles- that probably isn't that good for you.
Also really sorry that I never give you breakfast.
Oh and I feel bad about the lack of greens in your diet but I have been trying over the last year, have you noticed?
I am pretty happy with the height you are- Mr. Sollywood likes it too.
And thanks for having small feet despite your height. I am good with your lack of balance- totally worth it.
I will try harder to be more considerate of you in the future, but can I start after we move tomorrow? Cause I could really use your help there.
Sincerely Mrs. Sollywood.

I think that I need to be more conscious of my body but in a health promoting way, a Dove soap kind of a way. I have spent my life not really thinking about bodies because I was blessed with the right shape for this period of history. But I see others stressing and having such negative views of themselves. Also as I age I become more aware. Is it lame to say I have a goal for this new period of our lives? I am going to continue to have a good body image and to take care of my body but only to promote health.

No comments:

Post a Comment