The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Stuff I make - Tomato Soup

Almost out of tomatoes... finally. And listening to Anberlin.

-So get yourself a nice big pot. Oil it up. Or use butter. That might work nice.
- Chop up some onions. Doesn't matter how much. I just used a quarter of a giant spanish onion but use whatever you want. It's your soup.
- Crush some garlic with the side of your knife like the half blood prince. (Remember that scene from the movie? You better, or you're gonna be lost here)
- Cook your onions and garlic. Garlic will brown and onions will get kinda clear
- Throw in tomatoes. Like literally throw them in. From across the room. It's fun. Cut out the seeds if you want also. But you don't have to. Seeds never hurt anyone. I did about 20 Roma's but more or less tomatoes will make it more or less tomatoey. Do what you want and stop asking me these questions.
- 10-15 minutes cook it up.
- add some chicken broth. Up to you how much. I did half a box but if it was full I may have done more. I just dump it in.
- Boil that junk on medium heat
- Now get out your blender (or smoothie maker in my case. It's all the same.) Blend every little bit. We are not making salsa here. Get the chunks out.
- Back in the pot, add some oregano, basil, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Or any combination of those or whatever other spice you like. Chillis for some heat. Sure. Jalapenos might be good too but I've not tried it.
- Now add some cream. 18% table cream is what I used but get as fat as you want it. I guess you could use thinner stuff but give me a break. Weak.

When it's hot again - eat that crap. It's good. Add garlic bread croutons. But that's a recipe for another day

1 comment:

  1. hahaha.. you should totally write a cook book! it's the kind i'd buy. very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete