The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Biggest Dork Alive or King of the Dorks

Do you ever have those moments when say to yourself “Wow I really am the biggest dork. I really didn't think that I was, but today has just proved it”? No, just me? Lucky me I guess. We've all had those moments when we make a mistake and shake our heads at how absent minded we are or how illogical our actions were. 
           Today though, ah today takes the cake.
I am a key holder where I work and tonight was my night to close. I get to work, the shift goes well and then I realise right at the very end that I have locked my keys in my car which
 A. means I can’t get home and
 B. means I can’t lock the building. 
That was the ‘oh crap I’m a dork’ moment. So I send all the staff home and call the manager, no answer. Great. So I call another key holder who (bless her darling, wonderful, sweet soul) gets out of bed, puts on regular clothes, picks up my husband so that I can get into my car and then drives back (as in she was already there today) to work to help me out of this pickle that I am in. Did I mention she is lovely? So she and Mr. Sollywood show up and as I am leaving the building Mr. Sollywood goes ‘hey where is your coat?’ And that is when I realised that I am indeed the biggest dork alive because I had completely forgotten that I had a coat and in it were of course my freaking keys. If you are going to mess up, and inconvenience everyone in your life, you should of course do it for no reason at all. Because that my friend is how you earn the title of Biggest Dork Alive. Or as someone on Web 2.0 calls us: King Dork. All Hail King of the Dorks. 

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I mean, it obviously wasn't at the time, but that must have been completely embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah a little embarrassing but hilarious! All the best stories tend to be that way!

      Delete