The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Monday, December 3, 2012

My Countries Capital

School, work, and youth group aka life has been crazy as of late. It is hard for me to think or talk about anything else. And by hard I mean impossible. I have been trying to have thoughts unrelated to these three things for a number of weeks now but my brain is too stressed and focused to come up for air. This past week was reading week (for those who don’t know the term it refers to the week that students have off school to get a better handle on assignments- but for most students  it really means they go on vacation.) I did school work all week and Mr. Sollywood and I went to visit my best friend Doll Face and …hmmm he doesn’t have a nickname… I’ll call him Beatles for the weekend. You probably won’t recall, as I don’t think I posted about it but they were married in Jamaica last year. It was perfect. The picture of the four girls is at Doll Face's wedding, we are celebrating Movember and all those who fight cancer!

I have never been to see parliament or anything else for that matter in this great country of mine. And as a history major I must say                  1. I am embarrassed to admit that and         2. It was awesome!!!                 I cried at the war monument, strolled around parliament, sat for tea with Nelly McClung!! It was magical. And although it took all weekend by Sunday Doll Face and I were talking about things other than school, work and youth. It was exactly what I needed: a change of scene, good friends, and interesting conversation. I was able to regroup and come up for air! Think about other things, talk about other things. Bliss. Hahah Although I think that maybe she needs the same now because (I say busting with pride and excitement) Doll Face has her own little classroom for a bit!! I think it is a called an L.T. I should be a better friend and remember but seriously teachers and their jargon!  But she is sleeping, eating and breathing that world. So I extend the invitation to come over to my place and breath a little!









No comments:

Post a Comment