The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Fiddleheads


Cooking with Fiddleheads




I am always on the hunt for new vegetables or new ways to cook old ones. Fiddleheads are pretty new for me, they only come into our local market at this time of year. So I thought I’d give them a try.


 I cut the ends off the fiddleheads and placed them spread fairly evenly on a pan lined with foil (for easy clean up and no other reason.) 





Spread Olive Oil lightly over fiddleheads then season with a little salt and lots of pepper and parmesan cheese.

I like fresh but from a shaker is fine too!

Place under a hot broiler for 8-12 minutes depending on your rack height.
You want to watch it to make sure that it has turned a BRIGHT green. Timing for serving up is pretty important because they cool very quickly. 

I love the way they turned out just that hint of a crunch which makes them the perfect texture. Definitely going to make these again and I came across a recipe for these babies fried up with gnocchi that I want to try too. 

Fiddleheads are definitely worth a shot if you are looking for ways to bring more vegetables onto your dinner table. 

Pairings 

Spring and summer vegetables always go well together, corn on the cob done on the grill (really brings out the sweetness) pan seared potatoes and grilled red pepper burgers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment