The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

If only you could see this through Calvins eyes

Dear Santa. Why is your operation located at the North Pole? I'm guessing cheap elf labour, lower environmental standards, and tax breaks. Is this really the example you want to set for us impressionable kids? ...My plan is to put him on the defensive before he considers how good I've been.

Oh Bill Watterson, you understand the world from a perspective I envy.

So here's the thing. When I quit Kelseys 6 months ago I said I would never step back in that store. I left my greasy work clothes in the trash bin out of fear that it might cause an enormous explosion if I burnt it like originally planned. We were suppose to go to Korea soon after but that went sketchy. Then the past few months getting no where looking for a job. Working as a mayo sniffer, and unloading trucks. I also began working at the Distress Center on the phones. On saturday, a caller read the Food Basics flyer to me. Bacon is on sale until Thursday. It's going to be a fun job and may open some opportunities for me. But as stated earlier... here's the thing - I just crawled back to Kelseys. I had to psych myself up to walk back in there, was warmly recieved, and told I can have my pick at whatever shifts I want. Nice to know I have good repore (report with a silent t?) with them. Makes me think of Santa and why he is located in the North Pole. At first I thought I was the impressionable kids but I think now I'm more like Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment