The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween... but no Calvin and Hobbes quote mixed in today



So I finally decided to upload some of the pictures from my iPhone. To the right, this lovely piece here is last years jack-o-lantern. We called him Jack. If you don't recognize it then just don't read my blog anymore. Go watch Nightmare Before Christmas and then you can talk to me again. Maybe. You may also want to bring me a fruit basket. I like those. Try to find one with papaya.

On your left you will notice my most recent abominable creation - Big guy eating small guy!! I never actually named it until now but I thought that was pretty clever for thinking on my toes... cause apparently my frontal lobe is in my toes now. And for the record, I feel there should be no age limit on trick or treating as long as you have a costume. Not one of those welfare costumes where all you do is put on some mask and think you deserve candy, oh no, it's gotta have some thought and effort. If some old guy comes up to me and he's dressed like a mental patient, a hobo or a zombie - he's getting a mini chocolate bar. Let me tell ya. Speaking of mental patients, Halloween brings up some interesting things to think about. Not only would Freud have something to say about an adults choice of costume (men dressing up as women for example, but I'm not going there on that role reversal thing right now, or my perpetual need become a creature of the night this time of year) but kids are suddenly asked to go ask candy from strangers. Perhaps you've heard this before - "don't take candy from strangers". Its been ground into our heads since we were toddlers in some form or another. But then suddenly once a year it's okay to put on a costume and ask for candy. So don't take candy from strangers unless you or them o both are wearing a costume. I feel this may be why people rob banks wearing masks. Its not necessarily to hide their identity, oh no, it's because we've told them from a young age that it's okay to take what you want as long as you are in costume and and say the right words. God bless Halloween.

I'm caught between sarcasm and seriousness with that last statement cause I think Halloween freakin rules

No comments:

Post a Comment