The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Sunday, February 27, 2011

From now on, I'll connect the dots my own way!

So the other day after eating some chicken wings I burped and I was able to re-live that last chicken for a one brief delicious moment. Then I thought, when birds burp it must taste like bugs.

ad sequitar

So it's been a while since I've blogged. I've been busier lately... but still broke. Not fair is it? I've finally paid off my credit card though! Two years ago it was over 10,000 and now it's gone. I feel like I've reached the end of the underground railroad and Canada is still freakin cold! Does that make sense? Who writes this stuff? He doesn't really know whats going on.
Ya, so I'm a therapist now. I'm an aknowledged member of the OACCPP which means I can legally do this stuff. I get to tell people what to do and they listen! I've mainly been dealing with relationship issues. I'd say marriage counsellor but not everyone who comes in wanting help is married. So as an intern, I get the people of the lower income demographic who can't afford the guy with the phD. Man, that guy make good money. 150 - 200 an hour? delicious! But i get more intrinisic rewards. I get to charge people next to nothing, see none of that money and get the fuzzies along with the worries. I'm pretty excited. I get my first aspergers patient soon. Thats going to be fun. There are several couples I work with, only one couple actually comes in as a couple though. With the others, one half feels its the other ones problem and they don't want any part of it. Anyone else see the problem already? And then there was a young boy who doesn't talk much and only comes because he has to. (As much as I want to give details, the consent form did not mention anything about spreading details about our session online in my blog.) I wasn't sure how to deal with this guy until I had a talk with another more experienced therapist yesterday. Gave me some interesting advice. Told me not to be just another authority figure. Therapy isn't just about asking questions and spilling your guts. Especially for kids it's important to be a friend and in doing so modeling appropriate social behaviour. He mention some specific examples of doing this that have worked well for other and then I remembered Calvin - From now on, I'll connect the dots my own way. I'm not going to be the psychiatrist type who just says sit down and tell me everything. I have no need to feel obliged to do this like anyone else has before me. It's going to be fun! Maybe everything is psychosomatic and everyone just needs lobotomies. I'll go buy a saw. I really like this job...... I just really wish it paid money along with experience! How cool would that be???

No comments:

Post a Comment