The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fieldie, Fieldin, Abby... We don't even know the gender...

So Mrs. Sollywood and I go out for a walk today. We can't find the trail that we intended to go on so we pick a random location outside Welland. Sure enough, 30 seconds into that walk we spot treasure! Money, jewels, diamonds and ancient scrolls were scattered all over the field! Well no, not quite. There was this uhh, animal carrier thing-a-majig. A half full, open bag of cat food, a full water dish and the largest black cat ever inside. Odd circumstances indeed. Very hot day too. I could have cooked noodles in it's water bowl. But this was exciting. I can't help but wonder what kind of desperate straits would drive man to leave all this. We have named the cat Fieldin if its a boy (cause we found it in a field) and Abby if it's a girl (cause it was abandoned). We don't really know yet since it was covered in its own excriment and obviously hasn't left that carrier in a long time. I wasn't going to check. I did attempt to bath him/her in the back yard once we brought him/her home but its pretty caked in there. You know, chunky crap in the big bushy tail. Ever see those candy nerds ropes? kinda like that. They're pretty good. Although maybe not anymore... Anyway. The guy won't eat. Just sits there in its own waste and when I could get it to move its very lethargic. Right now it's out back in an old dresser on top of my old Kelseys shirt. (I always wanted to release my bowels on Kelseys but never got around to it) Is it appropriate to joke around when I just started writing about a very sick cat we found? Is there a line between serious blog and my inability to write serious? I feel like I'm cheating on an ethics test.

Well, we clearly have a very sick cat in our possession now. I had hoped that this behaviour was only due to trauma but it seems likely after doing some research it's illness. Fieldin won't live much longer. But at least if he dies tonight then it won't be alone in a field, abandoned and filthy. It's just too bad that the previous family wasn't able to put him to sleep instead of abandoning him out in a field in the middle of no where. Now he's got fresh water, food, cat treats, a Kelseys shirt blanket and has been cleaned up. Animals deserve dignity in death also. I just hope there is as little suffering as possible throughout the possibly sleepless night.

It is not cool to throw your sick pets into the wild. Even if you do leave them with a bag of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment