The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bugs

You know how bathrooms often have bugs in them? Growing up I NEVER once went into the shower without looking in the top corners for spiders. I grew up on a farm- lots of bugs. Now I look in the top corners for habit and the bottom corners because I saw the biggest millipede ever a couple of weeks ago. Spiders and millipedes are fairly common in the house if you live in the basement. Especially if your bathroom if carpeted. But today, aww today. Today I found (under the bath mat) a potato bug. Armadillidiidae is the technical name, or pill bug. But since when have potato bugs been found inside, in the middle of the winter?! Gross. Just GROSS!

Still gives me the heebygeebies.

2 comments:

  1. When I was a child growing-up in Ohio I lived in the basement. Most of the time my parents would take my chains off, so it wasn't so bad. Anyway, one night I woke up to discover a millipede crawling across my chest. After the acceptable amount of freak-out time I proceeded to sleep on a sofa, instead of in my room, for the next month or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why were you looking under the bath mat? isnt that the point of a bath mat, so you dont have to know what gross things lay beneath?

    ReplyDelete