The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Monday, January 17, 2011

Foreign Moments

You all know what a foreign moment is. It may go by various names but you all have them. It's when someone says something and you hear it a little wrong. Thus rendering your response a complete ad sequitar. Here are some classics:

1. Saren: hey, who is that girl, I've never seen her before
Mr. Sollywood: sausage...?
Tanner: what??? how is that even a response???

2. Saren and Tanner discussing going to Rogers Video...
Mr. Sollywood: you both know a guy named Roger?
Tanner: The video store you foreign!

3. Paul: I've been listening to alot of music lately that I would have kicked the crap out of myself for listening to a few years ago.
Mr. Sollywood: That's good. Eclectic is the best way to go
Paul: electric...?
Mr. Sollywood: no, ECLECTIC
Paul: ... guitar or music??

4. Tanner: I haven't had a frozen yogurt from a stand in a while.
Mr.Sollywood: Made of sand??? what kind of yogurt are you eating???!!

5. In East Side Mario's with Mr. Sollywood, Paul and Nate
Mr.Sollywood: I forget what veal is - is it baby cow or lamb?
Paul spells out C - O - W with his hands
Mr. Sollywood: moo??
Nate: Oh no, that was a foreign but it was right!

6. With the Purolator guy...
"what's your name?"
"Neal"
"is that N-E-I-L"
"No, I spell it N-E-A-L"
"N-A-L?"
"no, N-E-A-L"
"I-E?"
"no, E-A"
"is that short for Nelson?"
"nope, it's just Neal. Spell it however you want"

and then another Purolator guy...

"what's your name?"
"Neal"
"William?"
"no, it's Neal"
"your name is Howard?"
"...fine, my name is Howard. Have a good day"

Feel free to add your own foreign moments in the comment section below

1 comment:

  1. in a spanish church meeting
    Ginny: what is this guy talking about
    Omar: the holy ghost
    Ginny: why is he talking about the holocaust?!

    ReplyDelete