The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

storks and other news.

Babies
People have them and usually like it
The test is probably never met with a calm feeling (I assume extremes yeses or noes are typical)
The best thing I heard about them is that 'babies are the best way to start people.' You always love babies, but not always people so it seems apt.
But all of those sisters of mine who were pregnant together before, are no longer pregnant!!! So many cute nieces and nephews!!!! Two of each in case anyone was wondering. I am so happy to be an auntie to such a sweet little crowd of cuties!! But I was able to be there for my twin sisters birth (sorry I didn't tell you I was a twin before. SURPRISE!?) BUT here is the thing.
WOW
Women are amazing. I am just so proud and amazed and have so much respect for them. Did you know where babies come from? Because I was told before but you don't really realise until you are there. and see it. Just wow. God is real. Just watch a birth and you will never doubt it again. Some random explosion did not cause people to evolve in such a way that baby of enormous size exits from women of ...not enormous size.
Do I seem a little shell shocked to anyone else? I just keep on repeating to myself 'amazing,' and 'wow' then I shake my head and start again 'amazing,' 'wow.'

In other news I dislike my job. And have decided that I should find a new one. and (eventually) that I want to have a PHD. Cause I'm that kinda girl. Also The Birth House is a good book. I love Canadian authors. Or in this case Authoresses. There is something about their use of nature that binds them altogether in a way that I just find fasinating and ...homey. I challenge you to find a Canadian writer who does not use nature as a major theme in their work. I just love it, I love them all. I love winters and wind. I love the idea that homes are that much more important because of the refuge they provide. And that other themes and characters are made manafest and more poignant through the use and (my understanding of ) Canadian weather. Even if their works are not set in Canada, nature is still more prevalent than in works by writers of other nationalities. (At least from whom I've read.) Remember my post about how nerdy I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment