The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Friday, March 11, 2011

Vaughan

Whenever I get lost I end up in Vaughan. All roads lead there. Except the ones I want obviously. But honestly every single time I see the sign "Welcome to Vaughan" I inwardly go "crap, not Vaughan." So today was no exception to the rule. We wanted to go to a store house and get some bulk food (sweet!!) and the place we wanted to go was apparently just 30 minutes away. But here is the thing: MAP QUEST SUCKS. Don't ever use it. The road Nearctic does not exist. The road Vulcan does however which was a sweet find in our lostness. (Mr. Sollywood says if you can name the Greek version of the Roman Vulcan you win an awesomeness prize!) The best part about being lost together is that both of us find it hilarious. Which is nice because there is nothing that you can do about being lost so just let it go...just enjoy it. The more lost we became the more amused we became.

Here is how we became lost: We took an exit but according to our mapquest directions this was supposed to be a collectors and it was not. So we get off the highway and turn around to get back on the first highway. It is here in the turn around that I notice this cute little shop next to a giant box store and I thought about how I like little businesses. Then we headed to Vaughan (Que "crap not Vaughan") and we turn around again and pull over for directions and We start driving again, some how we are five to seven minutes from where we want to be ??????????? And we drive past that little shop that I saw before when we turned around AN HOUR AGO. We didn't even know we were in the same city. How did that even happen?

And we get there and it is closed, they aren't open on Fridays. So we drive home which does in fact take us 30 minutes. Though it took us and hour and a half to get there.
Also just so you know Etobicoke smells like peas.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you say all roads lead to Vaughan. My Grandpa took the time on a road trip once to tell my sister and I that all roads lead to Rome. Unfortunately for him not 5 minutes later we came to a dead end. He didn't think it was funny when we asked if we were indeed in Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! So my guess is that Vulcan is the Roman name for the Greek god Ares. Although now that I'm thinking about it, I think Ares was Mars. Or was Apollo Mars? Speaking of which, I could really go for a Mars right now. The chocolate bar, of course, not the planet.

    P.S. It's taking everything I have to finish this comment BEFORE checking if I'm right about the Ares thing or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ήφαιστος

    which is vulcan in greek. thank you google translate for giving me the ... what was it again....scrooollllling..... aw yes the awesomeness prize.

    ReplyDelete