The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Buffet

When I get hungry – and I mean hungry – there are only five words that can satisfy me: All-You-Can-Eat Buffet. They’re like libraries of food, but instead of late fees, they’ve got soft-serve. I hit up the local buffets at least once a month, sometimes more depending on how business is going. It really breaks up my normal routine of soup, soup, tuna, soup, microwave pasta, tuna-soup casserole.


Most people think you’ve got to eat meat to fill up at buffets. No way, suckers. It’s all about the sauces. Think about it: your body is mostly made up of fluid. Blood, water, guts. It’s all liquid. So does it make sense to shove a whole bunch of solids down your gullet? Think again. You want to stock up on the sauces because they’ll keep you full the longest. Go for a big old glass of Alfredo sauce and you won’t eat for weeks. Chinese buffets are great for this, too. Kung pao might be spicy, but you drink enough of it and you won’t even be able to think about eating.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I'm guessing Mr. Sollywood wrote this one. It's so hard to tell, but such fun to guess! Your writing styles are very similar and it is quite enjoyable to read. And good point about buffets, by the way. It totally makes me want to go to the Mandarin even more than I already did (which is a lot lately.) Also, that awesome wing place in Toronto that you talk about sometimes...is it all you can eat/order too? Because I'd like to try pretty much every flavour and I can't imagine any other way to do that.

    ReplyDelete