The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Friday, June 17, 2011

Hunting

I went apartment hunting the other day. Tuesday. When Mr. Sollywood and I lived in our first place we looked at exactly one apartment which a family friend owned and we loved it and rented it. It was three houses down from our Church, fifteen minute walk to both our jobs, and the same to University (also main bus lines went to all those locations every 15minutes. Prime, that place was prime. Also it was spacious and inexpensive ( I love our landlord Walter!) So Tuesday, was not like that place at all. So many places far away (thirty minute drive from the school is not 'close to the university'), dirty (ants, bugs, dirt- you name it), tiny (the master bedroom was smaller than our bed!- granted it is a king BUT STILL), expensive, creepy/sketch all around no good. And when I say no good I really mean no good no goodnic.
Also the kitchens are awful, some were so small that I could barely move around in them and I am a thin person. Do these tenants just heat up food rather than making it? Mr. Sollywood would legit not have fit in some of these kitchens. Just walk into your nonwalkin closet and you've got yourself a kitchen 'near' the University. But today is a new day and hopefully something will turn up. Fingers crossed everyone!


*try not to mock my paint skills


No comments:

Post a Comment