The Beginning...

The Beginning...

Monday, June 27, 2011

They killed my Spiderman

This made me sad.

Background and Context - a little more than 10 years ago, Marvel started a new line and continuity of comics known as the "Ultimate Universe". Basically it was for a more comprehensive and realistic (as realistic as super hero comics get) line of stories without the 40+ years of back story that may make it difficult for new readers to understand what's going on. It began with Ultimate Spiderman. It was far superior to the Spiderman comics that have existed since the 60's which, frankly, haven't been very good for many years. But that original Spiderman has nothing to do with this. Unfortunetly, ever since that hack Jeph Loeb decided the Ultimate line is expendable and could be used for shock value (he also wrote Heroes Season 3 in case you were wondering how bad a writer he is... what, am I the only one who got past season 2?) and taking risks that no one would dare do to Stan Lee's characters - no one was safe. He didn't write this but still... I blame him. He started the publicity killings. Now someone else will be Spiderman and I will now mourn the passing of Peter Parker. I've got the entire collection on my book shelf and now at least I don't have to take up any more room with it.  


1 comment:

  1. are they even allowed to KILL spiderman? that doesnt seem right

    ReplyDelete